The European Research Services GmbH is a public-private-partnership, founded in 2007. ERS supports researchers in setting-up, and conducting EC-funded projects. ERS provides general technical and administrative support, and project-management fitted to the size and complexity of the project, implements risk assessment, internal monitoring and common standard procedures, all with a view of safeguarding outcomes within time, budget, and EC guidelines. In addition ERS will organise internal communication to meet the reporting needs of the European Union efficiently.
ERS supports the Coordinator WWU in the non-scientific project-management. In particular:
- ERS sets up a ‘helpdesk’ for the project correspondence and day-to-day requests from partners and external bodies.
- ERS sets up the management structure and processes (project infrastructure), including management tools, contact lists, and partner specific templates for collecting input to the required EC documents.
- ERS helps setting up rules for internal communication and for reporting and controlling, including the adaptation of the structure after changes in the work plan and the consortium.
- ERS is responsible for the technical setup and maintenance of tools on the project-website.
- ERS is responsible for preparing, executing and post-processing of major project meetings such as Telephone Conferences, Steering Board meetings, General Assemblies and meetings with the advisory board (agenda setting, invitations, location of meeting places, organization of rooms and equipment, preparation and distribution of materials, conclusions and action lists).
- ERS supports the technical coordination of periodic reporting and reviews, including preparing and post-processing of EC reviews from the consortium-side including support in the implementation of recommendations from the EC and reviewers.
In Training and Dissemination, ERS offers a training module on EC-project management and –reporting; ERS takes part in the drafting and maintaining the dissemination plan.